Tissue Paper Flowers
Tissue paper flowers you can make with these easy instructions:
Flowers and poms-poms are basically made the same way. The main difference is, how you form them. However, either one or both, are perfect for a baby shower!
When you make your flowers, apply the same instructions from the video, plus the following...
1. Use floral wire for wrapping around the centers, instead of pipe cleaners. Leave long tails of wire to form the flower stems.
2. Pull ALL layers of the tissue paper in the same direction to form the shape of a flower, rather than a ball.
3. Floral tape is optional.
Easier Paper Flowers
Flowers from tissue paper aren't the only easy, "DIY" decorating. Making flowers with, crepe paper is actually easier and faster! You can see the full write-up, when you scroll down...
Easiest Paper Flowers
If you would rather buy the decorations and supplies, that's easy too! Our favorite place for paper flowers: the- "Do It Yourself" ideas at papersource.com!
Make Your Own Crepe Paper Flowers
Unlike tissue paper flowers, the crepe flowers can be stretched without tearing! The prep and assembly is also simpler. There are of course, many ways to make these flowers... this is by far, the easiest!
1. Cut 2 strips of crepe paper (matching or contrasting colors) about 4-5 inches wide and about 18-20 inches long- for bigger flowers, cut longer strips. The grain of the paper should be parallel (running top to bottom).
2. After your paper is cut and layered, use accordion folds to crease the paper.
3. Start forming your flower by wrapping it clockwise. Pinch flower at the base to hold it in place, or add a tiny drops of hot glue every several inches.
4. You can adjust layers as you go by gently tugging and bending them open. It's best not to wrap the layers too tight.
5. Use your beautiful creations for garland, floral arrangements, or a pretty topper on a baby shower gift.