Ideas for baby shower cakes
Find the easiest and cutest ideas for baby shower cakes
Serve a cake that will make you look like a pro. You can buy beautiful cake toppers to match almost any theme. How adorable and easy!
Decorating ideas for baby shower cakes:
Very easy and very cute baby shower cake ideas
Photo attributes: Wilton, Cake Central, Flickr.com, MarthaStewart.com
Get decorating ideas for baby shower cakes and quick tips from: wilton.com
Make your own “Baby Bump Cake”
Anyone can do this! You will need a lot
a patients though!
PART TWO: Make your own Baby Bump Cake
Find your best cake idea
The very easiest Baby Shower Cake; is the one you order.
- Check your local bakery, super market, or any other area. Ordering the cake is also your most expensive option.
If you want to make your own cake
- GHIRARDELLI, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, or just about any box mix will do. For frosting, go with something, “whipped”; they taste the closest to homemade frosting.
- Use jelly, mousse, or pudding in between layers to give your cake something extra special.
- If you decide to go with a recipe from scratch, you shouldn’t have any trouble finding one. Chances are a relative or friend has a good one to share.
- The world-wide-web, and recipe books are also full of ideas. Eagle Brand is a great site for cake and dessert ideas
- Make decorations with candy molds. Pour melted candy into molds, allow molds to harden. Once the molds are set, pop ‘um out for some easy cake decorating.
- You can buy candy molds and supplies at most craft stores, online, or even at Target and Wal Mart.
- Fondant sheets can also be purchased; these are sugar sheets that give cakes a smooth, flawless appearance. However, fondant offers lots of options in decorating too. You can purchase cutouts and molding tools that are really easy to use!
- Give yourself some extra time to practice if you want to use fondant cake-decorating, it takes some getting used to.
Shoppinghevanet.com is a great on line site for baking and baby shower cake decorating supplies.
More decoration ideas for baby shower cakes
- Turn small baby toys or small baby items into cake decorations.Tiaras are adorable for baby girl themes, toy trains, or mini sports balls are very cute for baby boys showers, rubber ducks are the perfect decoration for either gender.
- Use candy sticks, string, and handmade decorations to embellish the top of your cake. How about a mini clothes-line in tiny bibs and baby clothes?
- Fresh flowers or a bouquet of balloons works well too. Ribbon or other material is another easy idea for decorating.
- Be sure to place a clean, clear barrier between cake and any items that you do not want touching the cake.
- Cupcakes and/or, paper cupcake toppers are super cute on top of a cake and it’s such an easy way to decorate.
- Cake Pops are really popular right now. Cake Pops are made of modified cake batter. The batter is then formed into balls (about the size of a meatball) or other small shapes.
- Once the pops are cooled from baking, they are placed on a candy stick. From there, they are dipped in melted candy.
- After the candy drys/sets, the pops are ready for any decorative idea you can think of.
- Pops are cute enough to stand alone, you can make or purchase decoration kits, or use them as really cute as cake toppers too.
- You can even purchase, “cake pop baking pans” to make your life easier.
Need more baby shower cake ideas?
Check out baby shower cupcake ideas
Find delicious cupcake recipes
Return home from
Ideas for baby shower cakes
Easiest baby shower DIY decorating idea: “Do it yourself” paper flower…